Gallery

Monday, November 1, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival

It's that time again. I like the Blogger's Quilt Fest. I find blogs that I might not otherwise...it's interesting and entertaining.

I'm posting a detail of "Crow" which was juried into a Members' Exhibit for Connecticut Women Artists, opening this weekend at 53 Gallery, Meriden CT.

This little piece started out life as a "doodle" exercise with several layers of fabric then cutting away almost randomly to expose different layers. It laid around the studio for ages before it called for the addition of the crow....and stenciled footprints and application of small stones.

4 comments:

  1. love it, love it -- thank you so much for sharing this wonderful crow with us all, a creature very near and dear to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a real thing for black bird appliques! I've just finished my black 'raven' quilt. But these black fabric birds have been popping up in lots of my work for the last couple of months. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great detail-esp. enlarged. Can see you are a fellow fan of couching. Definitely worth crowing about (no apology for bad pun). Kudos Reminds me of the QuiltArt Poe/raven challenge. Thanks for sharing.
    Come see my antique 1890 schoolhouse quilt
    http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com/
    or my black/white/pink scrappy miniature
    http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely detail - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete