Gallery

Friday, February 27, 2015

Viewpoints9 Reveal Day!


It all about PLAYING.  Even though I posed Viewpoints9-2  this challenge myself, I had no idea of how I would approach it.  After weeks of mulling, going to my studio and tidying, which is my practice when I'm looking for inspiration.  As my husband tells me "Go play in your fabric".  It worked!

It occurred to me that I should approach this as I were to invent a game.  Taking only fabric from my scrap bin, I challenged myself to create a playful piece.

It was great fun.  A bit like a archeological dig, truth be told.  I uncovered bits large and small that I hardly recognized...old friends.  Some of my hand-dyed, some discharged, vintage, African, Australian Aboriginal designs, and Japanese.   All right there in the bin.  No wonder my granddaughter has such fun playing in it.

Jump over to the Viewpoints9-2 blog and check out the other participants "PLAYING"
Playing with Scraps 18" x 27"

2 comments:

  1. Man, this doesn't look like scraps to me -- it looks like a carefully, beautifully designed Diane Wright art quilt, and it's wonderful. What a great imagination you have!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete