Gallery

Saturday, August 27, 2016

African Water Lilies Revealed

African Water Lilies
Today is reveal day over at Viewpoints 9 check it out.  This is from my post.  Don't miss Martha Wolfe's earlier post!

Lisa-Marie's challenge to search our stashes and create a piece from discarded and unwanted items was a teeny bit un-welcomed and worrisome for me.  I was concerned that I wasn't going to create a piece that would be interesting.  Surely, if I had discarded something, it wouldn't work now.  Wrong.

But a challenge is not to be trifled with!  I dug into the piles knowing that the discarded and forgotten "stuff" would be a the bottom of each.  And, did I find a lot of treasures! (another woman's trash perhaps)

African Water Lilies:   Created with pieces of a hand-dyed/stenciled shirt bought in an outdoor market in Ghana several years ago, already cut and fused linen lilies (tho' I think they originally were daisies), seven red seeds (also from Ghana) that look like ladybugs to me, beaded flower centers, and some vintage abalone buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment