Gallery

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Truth Be Told

In the interest of starting off the new year on the right foot...well, the correct foot...integrity-wise, I have to admit to procrastinating a-g-a-i-n.  Only this time, it came back to bite me in the behind.

This piece is my submission to Viewpoints9's last challenge, as reported on the Dec 26th.  What I didn't report, when I posted, was that it wasn't really finished.  There it is.  The truth.

In my defense...and...of course...all of us really good procrastinators have one (or many).  I hurt my back and couldn't sit at my sewing machine.  Good excuse...except that had I finished it even one day earlier, I would have been ready.

Instead, I photographed it.  Cropped it.  Submitted it. (whilst standing at my computer)

Now it really is finished and properly photographed.  Oh, and my back is much better, thanks.

Resolution:  Quit procrastinating.  Simple.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your back is feeling better. Your mask quilt looked great before but WOW what a difference the lighting makes! Such beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Mine wasn't totally done either - it didn't have a binding on it but I photographed it anyway for the VP9 gallery. You're ahead of me because I STILL haven't finished that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great!

    (And I'm glad your back is better!)

    ReplyDelete