Gallery

Monday, December 28, 2009

Work in Progress


This will be a stylized kimono shape in the end...at the end of 2009 I'm reflecting (still). This time about family.

This shape became one of my personal motifs some years ago to honor my connection to Japan where I spent my teen years, where my youngest son has lived since 1990 and where my sister Masako was born.

The first time I used this shape was for "Family Treasures".


















Both the new piece, tentatively titled "Family Roots" and "Family Treasures" are small, roughly 30" x 30". ("Masako Goes to Africa" posted on October 9 is too.) "Yukata Blues", however, is huge: 58" X 60".

Back to the reason for the post: end of the year work and reflecting about the past....at the same I'm time looking to the future and contemplating goals and resolutions. Of course, part of the reflecting is looking at this year's goals and resolutions and assessing how that went. Hard to believe that "website", "getting better organized" AND "keeping better records" are STILL on the list...for year three. Yikes!

By the way, I'm ALWAYS open to constructive criticism and would welcome comments regarding my work in progress. Honestly!

1 comment:

  1. This new design is really breathtaking, Diane -- I love the flying geese!

    No critique needed here -- you're on your way to a beautiful piece!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete