Gallery

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Phrase for the year, perhaps


Work in Progress: that may be my phrase for the new year. I've been thinking about my word for 2010 along with many of my compatriots on the two group blogs that I regularly read (saqa and quiltart). A single word has not had sticking power. The phrase "Work in Progress" is so appropriate. It says everything from what is always happening in my studio to my personal development. It's been true for decades.
Pictured here is a detail of "Family Roots" (see last post for initial photo)...still a work in progress. Mostly hand work at this point.







Followed by a quick pic of my new work in progress.

Work in Progress. Nuff said.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like a fine phrase for any creative endeavor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've come up with a great catchword -- you could even call them WIPs, for short -- I'd like to add this phrase to my collection of Favorite Fiber Art Phrases: UFOs, Frog Stitching (rip-it, rip-it . . ., and now, WIPs! (Then again, I've always thought of myself as a WIP . . .)

    I love the detail on Family Roots -- how creative!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that is a real departure! love it! (come to think of it, departure would be my word---starting out somewhere, leaving something behind---the possibilities are very exciting! looking forward to seeing you next weekend, if possible:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can work to those words, I say go with it! I think 'focus' will be my word for the year.

    ReplyDelete