Gallery

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First 2010 piece out of my studio!



Granted, I started it in December but it's done now. I used every little bit of the beautiful Hanamomen fabric that I had purchased years ago and the remaining bit of purple print cotton paired with the gold silk. I think my stash was telling me something.

Titled "Family Roots", it is 36" x 45" and continues my series of stylized kimono shaped artwork.

The piece includes piecing, applique, broderie perse applique, hand stitching and machine stitching.

6 comments:

  1. I love it, especially the movememt of the flying geese ribbons. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely incredible, Diane -- the placement of fabrics and the movement of the flying geese are perfect. You must be thrilled!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely this is, I really like the birds you added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete