Gallery

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Quilt for Masako

On my October 9, 2009 post I introduced my "Masako Goes to Africa" piece. It is the first of my kimono shaped series...and the first of my sister Masako's virtual travels. She still lives within 50 miles of her first home in the United States, a small town in Texas, where she married, raised her girls and continues to work.

Masako is very ill. We are going to see her and I've made this little quilt for her. I hope it will comfort and warm her through her chemo and radiation treatments.

She continues to inspire me. Almost fifty years now.

3 comments:

  1. Diane -- What an extraordinary friendship you and Masako must have. I'm certain that she feels as blessed as you do. Your gift and your presence will be of great comfort to her. Blessings to both of you.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sister will, I'm sure, be touched and comforted by this lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is beautiful and I'm sure it will be a comfort.

    ReplyDelete