Gallery

Friday, September 10, 2010

"Spunk" and Foam Core


This past January Fibercations, an online group that I belong to, posted its word challenge "initiative". I chose to interpret one of the word's literal definitions (dynamism, energy, originality, vigor, spunk, longing, love, passion, action.).

Now, months later, as I prepare for Open Studios I am mounting many of my smaller-to-mid sized pieces on archival foam core. In August I was asked by the Massachusetts SAQA group to give a mini-demo....which got me to thinking (oh, no! not thinking again!)

So far I think each of the pieces I've mounted has been elevated a little in its visual punch.

3 comments:

  1. I opened my blog page and there it was, WOW!!! Love it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this piece!!! How large is it? It's gorgeous!!

    And will you share your mounting technique sometime? I agree that we need a way to elevate the presentation of our smaller pieces -- sometimes, I think that people are hesitant to buy them because they don't quite know what to do with them. Mounting is a great answer.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete