Gallery

Monday, August 20, 2012

k.d. lang and Linda Branch Dunn

Those two names, in all likelihood, have never been spoken in the same sentence together.  However, this past Saturday they were the two names on my mind.

A selection of Linda's work was on exhibit at the ALL Gallery in Lowell Ma.  Most of it was from a collection that she referred to as 'abandoned' fabric and I thought more descriptive than, say, vintage.   I've always enjoyed her work (see my post of Aug 13), so I decided to buy this one for myself.  The one with a black bird in flight AND rick rack had my name all over it!

 The gallery staff really wanted all the work to remain up, at least for another week.  So, I didn't take it during the Lowell Quilt Fest last week.  Instead I stopped by on my way to the k.d. lang concert in Lowell this past weekend.

Saturday night we met 'old' friends and had a wonderful dinner together.  After which we ambled to the nearby park and enjoyed Lang's incredible voice....sitting on our lawn chairs, under the stars on an absolutely gorgeous night.  It doesn't get better than that.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Diane. Lovely piece you acquired there. I find the sticks to add interest as well.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete