Gallery

Friday, March 15, 2013

Fiberactions Reveal Today


The Challenge this time was to use the colors of Nature.

It might not be, strictly speaking, to be a Challenge when it's your 'go to' place to start with...just sayin'.
I did, however, forego the earth ochers that I love...but I went hog wild otherwise.

 Of course, a narrative starts running in my head...always does as I work in my studio....This time as I worked on the pattern, starting with a piece of discharged and over-dyed cotton, my mind began to wander.

Isn't it interesting that so many things in nature are predicted and described mathematically?   Like the Fibonacci series.  How about fractals?  How about the genome double helix?  Okay, it's not just math.  It's several sciences.  Which is even more exciting!

Mother Nature: Secret Mathematician

Mother Nature detail/ hiding the numbers within
Mother Nature:  Mathematician, Microbiologist, Geologist, Chemist, Physicist...I could go on and on.

Hop over and see how all the other members approached this Challenge:  Fiberactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment