Gallery

Monday, August 18, 2014

Quiet, recharging weekend

After some very busy, draining but often exhilarating days this past week, I had the chance to relax over the weekend.  Instead of starting a new series...finishing the last...or working on the new commission, I decided to step into a calm, Zen kind of place and make a baby quilt.  oooohhmmm

Celebrating Two! pictured here is for the upcoming arrival of a new friend's second child.  As both parents have math backgrounds, I included numbers, of course.  And as they are also Australian, and she did work in Aboriginal Communities, I also included fabric from Aboriginal designs.  Some are in pairs so that the first child, a 21 month old boy, can have some fun finding matches...or numbers...especially the number 2.  I got 'lucky' in finding a backing fabric that was light pastel Immigration Stamps from passport entries.  Including Sydney Australia ;^)

I will be sending it as soon as I've stitched on my label.  Fun.  And very calming.  Just what I needed.

2 comments:

  1. I love it Diane! The lighter background color really makes the Aboriginal designed fabrics pop. Oooohummm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! It was fun. Nice putting them to good use too

      Delete