Gallery

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Viewpoints 9 Reveal Day




Today is reveal day for Viewpoints9-2

Weeks ago Australian art quilter Sue Dennis posted this challenge to the other members of Viewpoints9

 The old saying goes 'a stitch in time saves nine'. Is this really true I have wondered through my life? I have diligently mended seams and rips before the damage got worst and repeated the catch phrase to myself often, finding it funny that as I get older, the little homilies repeated by my parents have made their way into my vocabulary and thinking.

I'm also reminded of the seemingly reckless behaviour of my grandchildren and carefully watch out for them, anticipating danger and try to avoid spills and slips and think that this too relates to 'a stitch in time saves nine' in another context.

I invite you to contemplate this folkloric jingle and come up with your interpretation
Reveal begins on August 27.



My reply to the challenge is 'Cosmos'.  You can read all about it on the Viewpoint9-2 blog.  I hope you like it.

1 comment:

  1. Great theme interpretation -- I enjoyed reading everyone's stories. BTW, did you get my note about seeing you on "Sewing With Nancy"??? You're a celebrity! And I know you!!

    The Not-So-Famous Diane

    ReplyDelete