Gallery

Friday, May 18, 2012

Kids in the Studio!

 This Summer 2012 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors includes a section on Kids' Studios....it is such fun.

The team there approached me to write an article, having heard that I have kids in my studio AND a nearby "wet" studio for their other, less fabric and machine-friendly, projects.

It was a wonderful experience, working with the folk at Interweave.  I had no idea how satisfying the adventure would be.


The issue is, indeed, special...featuring studios much more together and wonderful than mine and artists whose work we all admire (like Ann Brauer, Jane Dunnewold, Jane Davies....).  Pretty heady company to be in on one's first go.  Thank you, Cloth Paper Scissors!


4 comments:

  1. Welcome home.I look forward to seeing what you got up to while you were here. Great to have a studio set up for children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get a copy....I'm a big believer in nurturing creativity in kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the article. It's a real thrill to pass the needle to the next generation and see their eyes light up when the recognize the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! This is your month for publications!

    ReplyDelete