Gallery

Friday, September 14, 2012

Out of the Studio...but busy still


Last Sunday DH and I drove 9+ hours to Raleigh NC to help #2 child relocate into new digs.  One of my jobs was to take down and re-install all of his artwork.  Here you see Many Moons (l) and Boats at Slack-tide (r) with a small journal size By the Silvery Moon in the middle.  I hadn't seen Many Moons since my visit last year.  I remember how much fun it was to make.  Most of the mountains are Japanese kimono fabrics.  Then, there are 'the boats' that I always enjoy visiting.  Every time I think "I should make a series"...maybe I will this time.  The general imagery harkens back to my acrylic painting days. There are a slew, a veritable flotilla, of small 'Mackenzie' boats in various collections.  The title itself dates the endeavor:  I haven't been 'Mackenzie' for over twenty years.

Wednesday we drove over 10 hours to return to our home.  It takes longer on a weekday because of the increased NYC traffic.  I arrived home to more produce from our Farm Share which really needed to be used...soon.  So yesterday I made and processed 3 quarts of Farm Share Fresh Tomato Pasta Sauce, using the remaining bell peppers, onions, garlic, basil and tomatoes.  I do have a wonderful feeling of accomplishment when I look at the jars, but it's not as wonderful a feeling as it will be when I finally get into my studio and start on that series.


2 comments:

  1. Diane that homemade pasta sauce would be a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering where the boats went. Love that piece!

    ReplyDelete