Gallery

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Driven to Abstraction

Abstraction I (detail)

In a move of desperation I tidied my studio. This doesn't happen often and I should do it more, especially since I always "discover" or "re-discover" some treasure.

This time I uncovered several pieces that I had created a few years ago. They are abstract pieces I really enjoyed creating and now think that they have held up well with respect to design and composition.
I'm revisiting abstraction.

There is a series in my mind. Pictured here is the first of this "Driven to Abstraction" series. It's titled "Abstraction I" at the moment. There is a back story that I think I'll wait to share until the series has played out a little...at least another one or two pieces.

Abstraction I (23"x23")

No comments:

Post a Comment