Gallery

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Threat of Hurricane? Not in my backyard!

Hurricane Earl was scheduled to arrive Friday afternoon...after our long-planned Sun Printing with The Sisters. We figured that if there was no sun there might be sufficient light to print and, if not, we'd just end up with painted fabric. Not so bad. We soldiered on.

Pictured is one of my pre-block printed pieces of linen that I didn't like. The jury is still out.

Several of my new-passion-for-brown/mud fabric are interesting. I have in my head the color and mood for a new work and I'm still gathering the fabric. Actually I have a sizable hoard...oops...stash of earthy fabric of all ilk and I should move into action mode. If there were not SO many things on my overloaded plate...soon. At least that's a goal.

1 comment:

  1. Why do we have so much we want to do?? Is this the side effect of an active mind that wants to create all the time?! I admire your spirit!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete