Gallery

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Home again, Home again, Jiggity Jig



We have been to see Fallingwater, Frank Lloyd Wright's masterpiece IMHO. We rendezvoused with our CA buddies in Philadelphia and drove the many hours to Chalk Hill PA where we rented a cute 1970's A-frame in the woods for a few days. While there we were able to tour nearby Kentuck Knob, also a Frank Lloyd Wright home done in his Usonion style.

There's no doubt in my mind that Falling Water is just about the most beautiful work of his that I have seen. Granted, I've only toured five...but still...it's my favorite by a mile.

The following weekend we flew to St. Louis to reunion with my brothers et al. Yes, we were there for these most recent tornadoes. Sirens. Wind. Rain. More Sirens. Undaunted, we opted for indoor activities: St. Louis Museum of Art, bowling and two films....and LOTS of meals. We're the sort of family that likes to know where/when/what the next meal will be before we decide on dessert for the current one.

Obviously, not much work has been happening in my studio.


I did finish a piece that I can not decide what to title. It's inspired by a half yard piece of fabric designed by Yoshiko Jinzenji. I have hand quilted it quite densely.

Any suggestions?

Oh...and the other big news is that my self portrait was juried into The Guilford Art Center's next exhibit "Poser" ;-).



2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!

    And Falling Water? A favorite of mine. My parents lived in a home which was inspired by FW... built over a stream with a waterfall under their living room which emptied into a reflecting pool. Gorgeous, but not very practical, as were most of FLW's buildings. I don't care for the Usonian homes, but G loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!! Good for you!!! I love the new piece, and I don't have a clue as to what would be a good title -- that's one of those things that will probably come to you in the shower . . .

    Diane

    ReplyDelete