Gallery

Monday, May 9, 2011

Busy Mother's Day Weekend

I made this little baby quilt for the newbie across the road from our home. Little Sinead is about two months old and, up until yesterday, had been using her big sister's quilt that I had made her three years ago. Big sister's generosity was beginning to run thin so the "Happy Mother's Day" quilt came just in time for peace to reign all day.

This weekend was also the third meeting of a SAQA sub-group that I have joined. It's a dynamite collection of local art quilters who have a common agenda: get shown more. Already one of the members, Diane Cadrain of West Hartford, has secured an exhibition space! The first show of the newly minted CT Fiber Art Collective (sounds a little teeny bit subversive, doesn't it?) will be May 22-June 14 at the Unitarian Society in Hartford. Saturday's meeting was very productive: voting on a name for the group and vetting the first show. It was great!

Mother's Day is always a busy place in our home: breakfast in bed for some, lunch out and a Disney movie for all.

This weekend I also was able to squeeze in work on my newest series (as yet un-titled). Thanks to Rose, Deb, Diane and Frauke for their comments and support! (Only on the internet would I "know" someone in Wedlingen Germany, Humbolt CA, upstate NY and southwest FL who would be interested in what I'm doing!)

1 comment: