Gallery

Monday, June 6, 2011

Small Quilts in Sacred Spaces

This smiling sextet is half of Connecticut Fiber Arts Collective, a newly formed regional sub-group of SAQA/CT members.

Diane Cadrain (L) has all of our thanks for finding such a hospitable location for our first show together. With her are Carol Vinick, Roselind Spann, Me, Antonia "Toni" Torres and Carol Eaton.

Our Opening Reception was yesterday afternoon at the Unitarian Society of Hartford with food and drink which we supplied (supported with carafes of "coffee and" by the congregation). We had great comments from those attending which always makes ones' day. I have to say besides appreciating the exhibit, many commented on the tasty treats we had brought, especially Carol Vinick's plethora of baked sweets. Can you say "incredible macaroons"? Not so easy with your mouth full.



2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the quilts; was disappointed that family plans kept me away on Sunday--not that I didn't want to see my family, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this post! Congratulations once again for your great work.

    ReplyDelete