Gallery

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Countin' Cowboys

Gosh, it's been a long time since I last posted. Most of that time was spent coping with the Hurricane Irene's visit to the Northeast. Eight days without power certainly turned schedules upside-down.

We are now back to normal (whatever that means).

I made this baby quilt for my nephew's third son, expected to arrive on October 10th. His wife has been having problems with this pregnancy and is in bed until then, hoping that little Adrian (the last name we heard about) will opt to stay put until the appointed day. It's the first machine work I've done in a couple of weeks, for obvious reasons.


My nephew and his family live in Texas...actually always have...born and bred. That's why I decided to build a "user", fun baby quilt around the little bit of cowboy fabric that I found in my stash.

I'm thinking that, by baby boy number three, a "user" quilt would be most appreciated. And this one, with its flannel backing and binding will be fun to play tent under, nap with and drag around.

"Countin' Cowboys: Red Hot and Star-spangled"

4 comments:

  1. I love it! So little boy, so Texan, so nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable baby quilt, cute fabric--and lucky kid!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and terrific fabric selection -- you're a lucky and talented grandma!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete