Gallery

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Changing the dynamic

This is a detail of what I hope will be my contribution to the Windham Textile Museum's invitational exhibit "Then and Now" with a Jan 14, 2014 deadline.  At least that's where I am at the moment.  I asked for input at last night's meeting of Sisters & Friends, my art quilt group's first evening meeting.  They were way too gentle on me...probably biased by the glass of sangria we all began the meeting with ;^)

Sisters in Cloth has been meeting for the past several years every Friday morning.  During the past couple of years, several of our members have begun full time employment and/or added hours to their employment.  This has made us all long for the time we could exchange ideas, chat, inspire or even vent off topic.  In an effort to create another opportunity for meeting, the group decided to trial an evening meeting once a month.  Last night was our first.  A few pics are posted on our blog Sisters in Cloth.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you...I also enjoyed your blog. Gosh, what energy you have! along with the good ideas...good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the Textile exhibit. I'm had sneak peeks at some of the designs and they area all very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment, I'm trying to screw up enough courage to PAINT it! Yikes!

      Delete