Gallery

Friday, July 27, 2012

More Dyeing in the Yard

My friend and fellow Sister in Cloth member, Carol Ludington wrote an article in the June/July issue of Quilting Arts about her Parfait Dyeing.

Last week several of us met in my yard (blog post on Sisters' blog).  While I followed her directions as well as I follow anyone's directions, my batch of fabric was a bit muddy.  My assessment of my results was that I'd used too much dye and had used Procion, Jacquard, and Rit together which might not have been such a good idea.

This week a few of us re-met in my yard and gave it another go.  This time I tried restraint...which is not really one of my strengths.  I used only Procion and much less.




First attempt

Second attempt

Now I've got the use of powdered dye bracketed and feel I should give it one more try.  While there are parts of pieces that I like....well, I like looking at them...but I don't know that I would find a use for them.  And, I have to say, "form" has a lot going for it, but, in the end, it really has to "function" to be able to work for me and be a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment