Gallery

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Photographer in the Audience

Last night I was invited to give a Trunk Show of my work at the Shoreline Quilters Guild in Branford CT.  I had belonged to this guild several years ago so it was a real treat to be invited to return.  Lots of familiar faces and many new ones too.  
"Prickly Secrets"...and I have no idea for whom the Victory sign is being given
"They Rode the Stars to Heaven"

"Ode to Charley Harper"
I brought about half of the rolls of art quilts that I have in my studio.  What I chose to present could charitably be described as having a traditional basis.  This being a more traditional guild, I thought it would be of more interest to them.

Two really serendipitous things happened last night:  First, some of my buddies attended for moral support.  As I hardly ever plan too far in advance, their being there was perfect:  I had some help traveling the work around the crowd to see the pieces up close and personal.

Second, one of the members and a new SAQA member, Jan Doyle was there WITH HER CAMERA.  Remember how I don't like to plan too far in advance?  I did remember my camera, but I hadn't asked anyone to take pics.  So, whilst my buddies traveled artwork, Jan snapped pics.

She sent these three this morning for my use.  Darn, she's good!  I would never have taken...or posted...these 'animations' of myself.  But they are funny.  God knows what I was saying.  They are so graphic you can just make up your own narrative.  I am.

Thank you Jan, Barb, Robin, Vivika, Debbie, Judy Siccama and the Shoreline Quilters Guild!  You are the BEST.

5 comments:

  1. Great quilts, Diane, I love your work. What a cool opportunity for you. Also, I love your shibori sweater or jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great time showing some fabulous quilts. I love your jacket.! It looks like shibori. Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shibori top is a lightweight knit that I bought in Texas last year. Thanks for your kind posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat for the guild to view your diverse work! I was wondering about your jacket as well... lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan captured your dynamic personality, and the quilts very well! I'm sure the guild oohed and Ahmed over your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete